About Children Change Colombia
Children Change Colombia has been working since 1991 to defend children's rights in Colombia.
We are the UK's largest charity working exclusively in Colombia.
We aim to:
- Defend the rights of the children most at risk by:
- keeping them safe from immediate harm
- defending their rights in the long term
- Tackle neglected issues that few others address
- Strengthen children's organisations in Colombia
We work in partnership with local children's organisations who have a proven record in defending the rights of children most affected by poverty, inequality and conflict.
We work with children who have lived on the street, been displaced by the conflict or who have escaped the armed groups.
They are children whose rights to a safe and happy family life, to health and education, are threatened by poverty, violence and sexual exploitation.
You can read more about how we do this here.
Note: we aim to update these figures in May/ June each year, as it takes time to collate the data provided by our partners.