About Children Change Colombia
Support, empower and protect children and young people that are survivors or are at risk of the most neglected issues in Colombia, by strengthening local grassroots to positively impact their communities and defend their rights in the long term.
Create a better everyday life for the children and young people who are survivors or at risk from Colombia's most neglected issues.
1. Defend the rights of the children most at risk by:
- keeping them safe from immediate harm
- defending their rights in the long term
2. Tackle neglected issues that few others address
3. Strengthen children's organisations in Colombia
Since 1991, we have been working in partnership with local children's organisations who have a proven record in defending the rights of children most affected by poverty, inequality and conflict.
With our partners, we protect these children from violence, sexual exploitation and neglect, keep them out of the hands of armed groups, and help them demand change. Importantly, we also work with adults - parents, teachers, policy makers – to help them keep children safe now and protect them in the long-term.
Children Change Colombia’s institutional values represent the values that the organisation needs to develop or strengthen to meet the goals it has agreed to achieve in the next 5 years. These values should be used to inform decision-making.
1. Focus on impact: creating positive impact, ensuring projects deliver real benefits that make a real improvement to children in Colombia.
2. Transparency: in the information that partners and CCC share with each other, and with the general public
3. Horizontality: rejecting hierarchies, power is shared, the rules are consensual and there is open dialogue
4. Bold: being positive in outlook, finding solutions to problems, believing in all children.
5. Programme Flexibility: in the implementation of projects depending on context and external changes to circumstances, there are options to adapt the activities and goals.
6. Inclusive: working collaboratively with partner organisations, communities, and children without discrimination, to overcome barriers to participation.
7. Committed: to understanding the most complex and long-term challenges; to tackling the most neglected issues; and challenging the inequalities that put children at risk.
How do we do this?
Find out how we defend children's rights in Colombia here.