Fundraising and Communications Officer
Place of Work: The Green House (Bethnal Green, London)
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week; 0.8 and flexible working hours will be considered)
Closing Date: Monday 7th October 2019 at 9am
Salary: £23,350 – £24,994 (depending on experience)
Reporting to: Executive Director
Children Change Colombia is the UK's largest charity working exclusively in Colombia. We work with children whose rights to a safe, happy childhood, and a fulfilling future, are threatened by poverty, inequality and violence. We believe that, with a knowledge of their rights and the confidence to assert them, children can transform their own lives, their communities and Colombia itself.
As Fundraising and Communications Officer you will help to maintain our relationships with our supporter community, in the UK and beyond, and help to engage new supporters, both online and face-to-face. You will be responsible for designing and implementing direct marketing campaigns with new and existing supporters. You will also plan and manage two to three fundraising events per year. The role also involves some general administration associated with fundraising and management of our small London office.
You will be the first contact point for enquiries and will be responsible for managing the administration behind our fundraising and our finances, including managing our database of contacts. You will also provide support with updating our website, and coordinating production of our newsletter and appeals. You will have the energy and passion to manage this wide-ranging role and be a crucial part of our small team.
Skills and Experience:
- Some direct marketing/Individuals Fundraising experience
- 1-2 years' experience in any fundraising/communications role or a role with transferable experience
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Intermediate level Spanish (written and spoken)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing personality, with the passion to inspire!
- Strong numeracy skills
- An interest in International Development and / or Latin America.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload in a pressured environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Word and Excel
- Experience using social media & scheduling platforms including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and the aims of Children Change Colombia
- Enthusiasm and ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Community, Events or Corporate Fundraising experience
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (databases)
- Knowledge of Colombia
Fundraising and Communications
- Individuals Fundraising/Direct marketing: plan, implement and provide analysis of Facebook Fundraiser and regular giving campaigns with new and existing Individual donors
- Events Fundraising: plan and implement 2-3 fundraising events a year, including CCC’s well-established Programmes Information Evening (‘Project Talk’) and sponsored walk (‘Thames Walk’)
- Community Fundraising: maximise engagement of current and potential Community supporters including individuals, community events, schools, churches, universities and staff of corporate partners
- Manage the Communications Plan under the supervision of the ED, and in collaboration with the Project Development Officer
- Maintain, and upload content to, CCC’s website
- Produce written content for e-shots, website and social media
- Coordinate production and mailing of newsletters and Christmas Appeal
- Act as the first contact point for all donor enquiries
- Manage donor details on the database
- Ensure donations are thanked in accordance with CCC’s thank you policy
- Monitor messaging to our social media platforms, and orchestrate response if necessary
- Recruit and manage FR intern and volunteers when necessary
- Batch and bank donations received in the office
- Answering the phone and meeting needs of enquirers
- Ensure effective maintenance of office equipment: computers, printers, scanner etc.
- Process all staff, trustees and volunteer DBS checks
- Other administrative, financial, communications or fundraising tasks as required by the ED within the current level of responsibility of the post.
Please note that successful candidates will be expected to accept and commit to Children Change Colombia’s Child Protection Policy.
To apply please send your CV (2 pages max) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a short cover letter (1 page max) detailing why you want to work for us, the skills and experience you possess that are relevant to this post, and how you meet the person specification.
Click here to download the full job description.
The deadline for applications to reach us is Monday 7 October at 9am.
To minimise administrative costs only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Children Change Colombia is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 10th October